I recently ran into the problem of Centos 7 running out of space on / and when I restarted the machine it was unable to boot into the gui because it ran out of hard drive space. I was also not able to boot into emergency mode systemd.unit=emergency.target or rescue mode systemd.unit=rescue.target because / was just out of space.
How I solved this problem was to boot into the main image and pressed Esc on the keyboard to watch the boot process happening. I saw that SSH was able to start up and the network was able to be established. I SSH into the box and ran sudo du -h –max-depth=1 on / to see where all the space was taken up. After some searching I was able to locate /var/lib/docker that was using up the entire space allocated to /. The space was taken up in the /containers and the /volumes folders. I ran rm /var/lib/docker/container/* and rm /var/lib/docker/volumes/* This freed up almost all the space on /. I rebooted and Centos 7 came up as expected.
- Redacted ███████████ – in process
- Redacted ███████████
- Read more books – 38 books last year is going to be hard to beat but I can try. -12 already so I am on track to beat 38 books.
- Year of the Rattie? – this is going to be a next year thing
- Review 2019 Goals – should be an easy one right except I can not find them. Lets just say last year was a hurricane that I survived and became stronger because of it. – Done
- Make a goals list of 10 or more – really throwing myself a softball here huh. – Done
- Under two hours for the Mini Marathon – exceptions will be made for others
- Finally run the Monumental Marathon – 26.2 miles baby
- Learn two things I have in mind – slow going on this.
- Work on website again – doing so and having fun.
- Try to update one page a day – seems to be a good challenge
- Mark off goal six already – yippee – Done
- Lucky number?
- Remind myself to make lucky number 11 instead of 13.
- Try out streaming
- 2019 Wash it all away!
- 2020 Best year ever!!!
- Try out ██████ again – slow going.